Retraction and/or Correction
Authors are discouraged from withdrawing submitted manuscripts after it is in the publication process (review, copyedit, layout, etc.)
During the time, Abdi: Jurnal Pengabdian dan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat had spent valuable resources besides time spent in the process. Should under any circumstances that the author(s) still request for a withdrawal, author(s) should pay back every effort put into the manuscript processes at an amount of US $100.
Paid upon official request from the author(s) in an email sent to Abdi: Jurnal Pengabdian dan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat editor using the same email address used in correspondence.
ABDI: Jurnal Pengabdian dan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat editors shall consider retracting a publication if:
- they have clear evidence that the findings are unreliable, either as a result of misconduct (e.g. data fabri.cation) or honest error (e.g. miscalculation or experimental error)
- the findings have previously been published elsewhere without proper cross-referencing, permission or justification (i.e. cases of redundant publication)
- it constitutes plagiarism
- it reports unethical community services
ABDI: Jurnal Pengabdian dan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat editors shall consider issuing an expression of concern if:
- they receive inconclusive evidence of research or publication misconduct by the authors
- there is evidence that the findings are unreliable but the authors’ institution will not investigate the case
- they believe that an investigation into alleged misconduct related to the publication either has not been, or would not be, fair and impartial or conclusive
- an investigation is underway but a judgment will not be available for a considerable time
ABDI: Jurnal Pengabdian dan Pemberdayaan Masyarakat editors shall consider issuing a correction if:
- a small portion of an otherwise reliable publication proves to be misleading (especially because of honest error)
- the author/contributor list is incorrect (i.e. a deserving author has been omitted or somebody who does not meet authorship criteria has been included)
The mechanism follows the guidelines from Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) which can be accessed at
For your convenience, the same document is shown below.